General League Rules
Bill Bolton Arena adult house league participants play in a community based, low-key, non-competitive, recreational house league designed for ALL skill levels.
The aim is for entry level players to learn the game and have fun knowing the score of the game means nothing. All games played at Bill Bolton Arena, City parking and Arena rules prevail.
· ONE Reciprocal Placement Request – BEFORE JUNE 30
· Scheduled 1-hr game: includes flood & warm-up
· Six to Eight Teams (depending on league): redrafted each session
· Players MUST play on assigned team & must wear issued BBA league jerseys - no substituting permitted unless a default game.
· No ‘rent-a-goalie’ rentals.
· Goalie equipment provided for all adult house leagues.
· Games are 45 minutes “running time” with last 2 minute stop time if within two goals
· Minimum 6 per team to make game
· ‘Social’ night to follow each session final
· Convenor, referees, penalties, weekly standings
· Individual registrations only, no team entries
· Neck Guard, Full Equipment & Facial Protection ‘Half Visor’ is MANDATORY, Full-Visor is RECOMMENDED
· All volunteers & coaches under 19 must wear helmets behind the bench and no children under the age of 16 allowed behind bench or, area near Zamboni Door Exit
· “Unsportsmanlike Play” WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
· The program reserves the right to remove players that in the arena’s opinion are overly aggressive in style of play and reserve the right to eject these players from the adult house leagues.
· All stick infractions will be double minors, (4 mins); cross-checking, high sticking, slashing and spearing.
· Gross misconduct, match penalties or fighting penalties will result in immediate suspension from the league
· NO REFUNDS FOR SUSPENDED PLAYERS